Thursday, October 1, 2009

WAR OF THE BLINDS

by:ben
I am a prisoner of war captured by the promises of love
Tortured by the innocence of truth
Fought to win over her heart
Kept this feeling not to fall apart.

I was blinded by the look in her eyes.
Tied in a gallop of promises and casual lies.
But wounded, helpless,
And caught in the middle of a quick surprise.

I battled my freedom
And conquered my fear.
The fear of losing her
But the end is near.

In this clash of the blinds
Surrender, never should I surrender.
But the one who I fought for
Ceases her feelings and left me behind.

I must now give up and bring down this flag
I don’t see the victory anymore, and that is love.
Let peace be in my heart and in my mind
Now she will never be forever mine.